Date Posted: 14:21:35 2022-07-15
Location: Sturgis, SK, Canada
Contact Person: Salisbury Holdings Ltd.
Company/Business Name: Salisbury Holdings Ltd.
Company: Salisbury Holdings Ltd.
Business Information: Salisbury Holdings Ltd. is a 9000 acre grain farm. We produce wheat, canola, barley, and oats.
Business Location: SW 20-33-4W2 Sturgis SK Canada S0A 4A0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Plan, cultivate and seed crops
• Fertilize and spray crops
• Harvest crops
• Maintenance of equipment: blowing out rads, cabs, cleaning windows as preparation for the workdays
• Detect disease, health problems, and insects in crops
• Yard maintenance: may include cutting lawn, snow removal, building or grain bin maintenance, shed maintenance.
• Manual and general farm labour tasks including stone and/or root picking
• Clean grain bins and working areas (farm)
• Assume full responsibility of the household (in absence of the householder)
• Shop for food and household supplies
• Plan and prepare meals independently or with the employer, and serve meals.
• Launder clothing and household linens
• Mend clothing and linen
• Clean the household and make beds
• Wash windows
-Education: Some secondary school is required.
-Experience as a General Farm Worker: Not required. Experience in farming is an asset. On-the-job training is provided.
-At least 6 months of full-time experience in housekeeping and/or home management is required.
-Driver’s license is an asset
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Handling heavy loads; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods of time; Sitting
-Personal Suitability: Initiative, Judgement, Reliability, Effective interpersonal skills, Organized, Flexibility, Dependability, Punctuality, Team Player
-Work site environment: Noisy, Outdoors, Indoors, Dusty
-Work setting: Farm / Private home – Employer’s home, Rural area.
-Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs.)
-Language: Basic level of English is required
Benefits: Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation provided at no cost.
Salary: $21.00 - $23.00 hourly, 30 - 60 hours per week.
-Work schedule is from Monday to Friday. Regular schedule starts at 7:00 am or 8:00 am and ends at 16:00 pm or 17:00 pm. However, flexibility on schedule is required as some days the successful candidate will be requested to start earlier or finish later depending on the employer’s needs. **We guarantee a minimum of 30 hours of work per week** Overtime and weekend work may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – General Farm Worker with some duties as a Housekeeper**