Date Posted: 16:37:41 2021-10-20
Location: Richmond, British Columbia - Canada, Canada
Contact Person: T&C Enterprises Ltd. O/A Bean Sprout King
Company/Business Name: T&C Enterprises Ltd. O/A Bean Sprout King
Company: T&C Enterprises Ltd. O/A Bean Sprout King
Business information: We grow, package and distribute bean sprouts. The products we offer include mung bean sprouts, soy sprouts and silver sprouts. We are the largest sprouts grower in B.C., servicing various businesses across the provinces that range from small to large sized wholesalers, markets, retail outlets and restaurants.
Business address: 5400 No. 6 Road, Richmond, BC, V6V 1T1
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
● Organize and direct planting of crops
● Co-ordinate and supervise field and vegetable crop labourers
● Co-ordinate, assign and supervise the work of farm workers and harvesting labourers.
● Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
● Supervise and oversee the planting processes/procedures
● Supervise, monitor and enforce procedures to maintain the health of bean sprouts
● Resolve work related problems
● Plan and estimate labour and materials
● Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
● Establish work schedules and procedures
● Maintain work records and logs
● Maintain quality control and production records
● Inspect crops to determine maturity, yield, work requirements, such as watering schedules or harvesting schedules.
● Supervise maintenance of infrastructure, farm equipment, and supplies
● Train new workers.
● Ensure farm safety, food safety and bio-security procedures are followed.
● Maintain quality control and production records.
● Exercise Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
● Operation of forklift, pallet movers and lifters
● Operation of processing and packaging machineries
● Comply to company policies
● May perform general crop and vegetable duties
-Education: Completion of secondary school is usually required.
● Knowledge of programmable logic controls an asset
● Mechanical knowledge an asset
● Knowledge of food safety an asset
● Some knowledge of horticulture (seed germination) an asset
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience as a general labourer in the field are required. If the candidate does not have at least two years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
● Experience in working in a food manufacturing facility is preferred
● Experience with material handling equipment (forklift, pallet movers and lifters) is preferred
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Large workload, Repetitive tasks
- Work Site Environment: Wet/damp, Hot, Cold/refrigerated
- Personal Suitability: Team player, Initiative, Client focus, Judgement, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication
- Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Language: English is required
Salary: $18.50 to $20.50 hourly, 40 Hours per week
Benefits: Uniforms are provided. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation provided on a discounted rate.
Important Information: Flexibility on schedule is required. Shifts between: 5:00am to 2:00pm. The position requires working 8 hours per day and the working hours can vary according to the business needs and the production. Overtime may be required. 5 to 6 days of work are required per week, the working days will be on a rotational basis. Long hours will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 5400 No. 6 Road, Richmond, BC, V6V 1T1
Apply by fax to: 604-370-0023
: $18.50 to $20.50 hourly, 40 Hours per week