Date Posted: 08:57:09 2021-07-09
Location: Crysler, Ontario, Canada
Contact Person: Jean-Charles Landry o/a Landry Farm
Company/Business Name: Jean-Charles Landry o/a Landry Farm
Company: Jean-Charles Landry o/a Landry Farm
Business Information: Certified Organic Dairy Farm – Produces organic milk, organic crops and we are in compliance with Eco Cert, the certification body for Organic Producers.
Business Location: 2060 Forgues Rd., Crysler, ON K0A 1R0
Work location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Monitoring animal health
· Plant, cultivate, harvest, cut, rake, bale, wrap, hay, corn sileage, and corn
· Feed and tend animals
· Operate, maintain, and clean farm machinery and equipment.
· Prepare machinery for planting
· Fertilize and spray crops
· Detect disease and health problems in crops and livestock
· Push feed, flush lanes, scrape stalls while bringing in cows to parlor for milking
· Dehorning cows
· Prepare cows in parlor for milking
· Milk cows
· Return cows to stalls or pasture
· Stone and/or wood picking
· Lime stalls
· Clean stables, barns, barnyards, pens and water bowls
-Education: Not required
-Experience is an asset
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, physically demanding, combination of sitting, standing, walking, large workload, repetitive tasks, bending, crouching, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time, walking, handling heavy loads.
-Personal suitability: organized, team player, flexibility
-Work site environment: outdoors, wet/damp, hot, cold, odours.
-Work location information: rural area, remote location
Salary: $15.38 to $17.38 hourly, 40 - 45 hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, accommodation provided free of charge, transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: Work schedule will be from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM and from 5:30 PM to 8:30 or 9:30 PM, 6 days a week for milking. The job requires flexibility on schedule. 2-3 days per week there will be daytime work for other general farm work for some hours. 40 hours per week are guaranteed during winter months.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
: $15.38 to $17.38 hourly, 40 - 45 hours per week