Date Posted: 08:51:35 2021-06-28
Location: Marys, ON, Canada
Contact Person: McKinley Hatchery
Company/Business Name: McKinley Hatchery St. Marys Ltd.
Company: McKinley Hatchery St. Marys Ltd. o/a McKinley Hatchery
Business Information: We are in the hatching and selling leghorn day-old chicks business
Business Address: 772 Queen Street E St. Marys, ON, N4X 1C2
Work Location: 74139 Goshen Line, Zurich, ON N0M 2T0
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Monitoring animal health
• Feed and tend chicks
• Clean, sanitize and disinfect barns, equipment and machinery
• Detect disease and health problems in poultry
• Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
• Write daily basic progress reports on: the cleaning schedule, bio security protocols, visitors logbook, manure belts
• Set and monitor water lines, airflow and temperature in barns, and chicken coops
• Pack eggs on carts and pallets
• Keep records of daily production
• Dispose of all egg mass to composter daily
• Walk floor barns looking for dead birds, floor eggs, nests, pads etc.
• Follow all implemented biosecurity and animal welfare practices and procedures
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods
Personal Suitability: Organized, Flexibility, Judgement
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Work site environment: Must be able to work inside the bird barns. Hot, odours and handling of manure.
Salary: $16.00 Hourly, 48.00 Hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation to and from work location is provided; Extended medical insurance (prescription drugs, paramedical services); Accommodation available at a discounted rate; Transportation costs covered if worker needs relocation.
Important Information: 6-day work rotation. Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling. Weekends and holidays may be required.
Rotation 1: Wednesday to Monday. From 8:00am to 4:00pm
Rotation 2: Thursday to Tuesday. From 8:00am to 4:00pm
Start times may vary due to time change and when the birds are laying eggs. When the time change comes into play, employees would work from 7:00am to 3:00pm
Work location information: Remote location
Work site environment: Noisy, Dusty, Odours, Hot
Apply by e-mail OR
Apply by fax to: 519-284-4391
Apply by mail to: P.O. Box 1900, St. Marys, ON, N4X 1C2