Date Posted: 13:40:31 2021-02-23
Location: Holland Township, ON, Canada
Contact Person: Berkdale Farms Inc.
Company/Business Name: Berkdale Farms Inc.
Company: Berkdale Farms Inc.
Business Information: Berkdale Farms Inc. was incorporated in January 2015 under the laws of Ontario. We are dedicated to poultry breeding and turkey production through artificial insemination.
Business Location: 118 River Run Road, Drayton, ON, N0G 1P0
Work Location: 776107 HWY 10, Holland Township, ON, N0C 1H0
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Monitoring turkeys health
• Feed and tend turkeys
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
• Clean barns and barnyards
• Detect disease and health problems in poultry
• Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
• Write daily basic progress reports
• Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns
• Artificial insemination of turkeys
• Turkey semen collection
• Selection of turkeys
• Birds/turkey catching and weights
• Collect and sanitize hatching eggs
• Barn walking, cleaning, look after litter conditions
-Education: Not required
-Experience is an asset
-Worker must be able to sit / bend and stand for extended periods, lift up to 40-60 pounds.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Sitting, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling.
-Work site environment: noisy, odours.
Salary: $16.00 hourly, 40-60 hours per week depending on flock flow.
Benefits: Uniforms, transportation to and from work, bonus based on fertility results and flock results at the end of each pay period, and accommodation provided on a discounted rate.
Important Information: Flexibility on schedule is required in order to cover a 12-hour operation per day from 6AM to 6PM. 8 to 12-hour shift from Monday to Friday and every third weekend or 2 days on and 2 days off, depending on the requirements and results.
Apply by e-mail OR
Apply by mail to: 118 River Run Road, Drayton, ON, N0G 1P0