Date Posted: 13:53:43 2019-09-24
Location: Maple Ridge , British Columbia, Canada
Contact Person: S.G.D. Transport Ltd.
Company/Business Name: S.G.D. Transport Ltd.
Company: S.G.D. Transport Ltd.
Business information: Our services include catching in live poultry facilities & transport throughout the Fraser Valley. We will service each farm to the standards set forth by the individual farmer.
Business Address: 5-23100 129 Ave, Maple Ridge BC V2X 0M5
Work Location: Employees will work in different locations throughout Fraser Valley. We catch birds for 3 different processors, 2 in Vancouver & 1 in Coquitlam.
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Catch and remove live Chickens out of the predetermined assigned Poultry Barns
• Ensure that the Catching and removal of all birds from inside the barns including all stray birds on the outside of the barns is done in a safe, timely and humanely manner
• Load chickens into modules/crates
• Be able, under certain conditions to deal directly with customers to meet their expectations and add value to our service
• Ensures compliance with all of the company’s rules, including all of the governmental regulations
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Not required (Training will be provided on-site)
- Must be able to work within a very dirty and very dusty environment while inside the chicken houses
- Must be able to work in a dark environment with a head light and under very limited lighting conditions while inside the bird barns.
- Must be able to work in an environment of very unpleasant and acidic ordure’s produced from Chicken excrement’s within the barn and the surrounding areas of the Farm
- Must not have any type of allergies to the materials used within and around the bird barns/Farms; e.g. Hay and woodchip products used on the barns floor for bedding, Chicken feathers, and Chicken feces / acidic odors.
- Must be able to work under hot temperatures within the bird barns
- Must be able to sit / bend in all directions / stand on flat and uneven surfaces/ be inside in closed arrears for extended periods of time while catching the birds
- Must be able to withstand the extreme Canadian winter weather conditions, while traveling to and from, Farm to Farm, and or while helping to load the Transport Trucks on the outside of the farms.
- Function under repetitive movement of certain parts of the palms, fingers, wrist, hand, lower arm, upper arm, shoulder and back movements, while bending the top half part of the body over for prolonged periods of time.
- Remain Drug and Alcohol Free to perform in a safety sensitive functional position.
- Prolonged concentration is required while catching the Chickens to ensure that they are not injured during this process
- Position requires standing intermittently up to 6 to 10 hours and it requires sitting 1 to 3 hours intervals while traveling to the different Farms
- Required to work in closed areas with the confines of the farms bird barns.
- Flexible hours
Salary: $13.00-$18 per hour, 36 – 40 hours weekly
Benefits: We will provide appropriate personal safety equipment for the job. Transportation will be provided to and from the job site(s).
Important Information: This position runs only at night. Work schedule is from 2:00AM to 10:00AM but it may vary depending on our client's needs, work days off on rotational basis, working 6 nights the first week and 5 nights the next.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by fax to: 604-648-9030
Apply by mail to: Box 31721, Pitt Meadows, BC, V3Y 2H1
: $13.00-$18 per hour, 36 – 40 hours weekly