Date Posted: 16:35:23 2019-06-21
Location: Thamesford, On, Canada
Contact Person: Steele Farm Poultry
Company/Business Name: Steele Farm Poultry /Steele Hall Farm Inc
Company: Steele Farm Poultry /Steele Hall Farm Inc
Company Information: Steele Hall Farm Inc. is a business dedicated to commercial production of top quality turkeys. The humane care of our animals is vital in order for our farm to supply the safest and healthiest product to our customers. We have been open to business for over 20 years.
Business Address: 195637 Road 119 Thamesford Ontario N0M 2M0
Work Location: various locations:
195637 road 119 Thamesford Ontario N0M 2M0
196959 Lakeside, Ontario N0M 2G0
683088 road 68 ThamesfordOn N0M 2M0
683370 road 68 ThamesfordOn N0M 2M0
195959 road 119 ThamesfordOn N0M 2G0
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Important note: treating animals with respect and dignity throughout their lives at farm is mandatory.
• Monitoring turkey’s health
• Feed and tend turkeys
• Washing, cleaning and disinfecting facilities and equipment
• Detect disease and health problems in poultry
• Following animal care and bio-security guidelines
• Care of turkeys from the day they arrive on farm to the day they leave
• Daily care of the birds
• Fill turkey feeders with grain
• Maintain turkey water troughs
• Performs general farm duties
• Help moving and loading turkeys
Education: Not required
Experience: Not required. Mentoring and ongoing technical training will be provided and encouraged.
• Technical knowledge of poultry production is an asset but not a requirement.
• Driver’s license is an asset.
• Must be able to work with Turkeys
• Must not have any type of allergies to the materials used within and around the bird barns/Farms; e.g. Hay and woodchip products used on the barns floor for bedding, Turkey feathers, and Turkey feces / acidic odors.
• Must be able to withstand the extreme Canadian winter weather conditions since the job involves outside work in all seasons.
• Must be able to work in a dusty environment.
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 hourly
Schedule: 40-45 hours per week. Work Schedule is from 8am to 5pm from Monday to Friday, on
Weekends, there are two shifts; one from 8am to 10am and a second one from 5pm to 7pm. Flexibility is required since working night shifts may be required occasionally. Employees will have weekends off on a
rotational basis or a discussed according to farm needs.
• Performance bonus
• A vehicle will be provided to the employee in order to transport him/herself from one work location to another.
• Coveralls and protective equipment will be provided
• Relocation costs covered by the employer
• Staff accommodation available on a discounted rate (on the farm)