Date Posted: 08:05:16 2019-01-03
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Contact Person: Hybrid Turkeys
Company/Business Name: Hendrix Genetics Ltd
Company: Hendrix Genetics Ltd. o/a Hybrid Turkeys
Business Information: Hybrid Turkeys is a leading primary breeder and distributor of turkey genetics. We supply high quality, high health parent stock and commercial stock products to customers around the world.
Business Address: 650 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener, ON N2K 3S2
2823 West Alps Road, Ayr ON, N0B 1E0
866966 Township Road 10, Bright, ON N0J 1B0
6101 R.R#2 4th Line, Ariss ON N0B 1B0
5963 4th Line East, Ariss, ON N0B 1B0
6214 6th Line East RR#2, Ariss, ON N0B 2V0
4084 Bridge Street, New Hamburg, ON N3A 2W2
Type of Employment:Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
• Feed and tend turkeys. Automated feed and water, ensuring there are no feed spills/overflows of water
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment. Minimal operation of machinery but trained personnel could operate ATV, golf cart, turkey loader from time to time
• Cleaning, sanitation and disinfection of barns, equipment and machinery
• Detect disease and health problems in poultry. Perform basic health monitoring of flock’s health and well-being.
• Write daily basic progress reports. Record egg and bird numbers
• Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns andturkeys coops
• Collection, sanitization and grading of turkey hatching eggs
• Catch and remove turkeys out of the predetermined assigned barns
• Load turkeys in the transport trucks when required
• Follow all implemented biosecurity and animal welfare practices and procedures designed to reduce and minimize health risks to the turkey flocks and to ensure their well-being
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided.
- Worker must be able to sit/bend/walk/stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to complete heavy lifting as required.
- Must be able to work within a very dirty and very dusty environment while inside the bird barns.
Salary: $16.16 Hourly, 45.00 Hours per week
Benefits: Health insurance for the 90 day waiting period for OHIP, company uniform and footwear costs, extra pay for loading out birds, transportation
Staff accommodation is provided at a discounted rate
Important Information: Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling
Shifts: 5.30am to 2.30pm, 6am to 3pm, 7am to 4pm, 7.30am to 4.30pm, 8am to 5pm. Weekend work is required every 3rd or every 4th weekend depending on the location and is scheduled in advance. When the employee works a weekend, they get a day off during the week.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by fax to: 519-578-1870
Apply by mail to:650 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener, ON N2K 3S2