Agri Jobs - Main Page

Area CE Nutrient Management/Soil Quality Advisor

Date Posted: 18:27:57 2017-12-19
Location: Modesto, CA, USA
Contact Person: LeChé McGill
Company/Business Name: University of California Agriculture & Natural Res
Phone: 530-750-1281

Apply Online

POSITION PURPOSE: The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor will conduct a multi-county extension, education and applied research program that addresses grower and industry needs, with a focus on nutrient management and soil quality in Stanislaus, Merced and San Joaquin Counties. This University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) position is supported jointly by UC ANR and the United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).

• Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/.
• Conduct and report regular comprehensive needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
• Conduct applied research designed to solve locally relevant problems and monitor change.
• Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
• Maintain and promote UC ANR CE’s and NRCS’s credibility and visibility by participating in professional organizations and collaborating with government agencies, commodity groups, allied industry groups, and other organizations by providing independent science-based information and leadership.
• Evaluate programs and report accomplishments, results, and potential or actual impacts to scientific and lay audiences through a variety of outreach methods.

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A minimum of an earned master's degree, though other advanced degrees are encouraged, in disciplines such as plant science, agronomy, crop production, agriculture engineering, animal science, or other closely related field is required by the appointment start date. Demonstrated ability in applied agricultural research and extension is preferred. The ability to build partnerships and to work with multidisciplinary teams to address production and environmental challenges is required. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required. The CE advisor must possess or obtain a Qualified Pesticide Applicator Certificate (QAC) or License prior to applying or supervising the application of any pesticide.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank, and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension Advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California, ANR website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/271532.pdf. If the successful candidate is currently a UCCE academic with indefinite status, the candidate will be offered the position commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications with eligibility to retain such indefinite status.

TO APPLY: For full position vacancy announcement and UC application, please visit our website at http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/. For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than January 15, 2018 to: anracademicsearch@ucanr.edu. Please refer to position AP#17-27. For questions regarding this position, please contact LeChé McGill at lkmcgill@ucanr.edu

The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.

Salary: Commensurate with experience


Do you have a work permit in USA ?