Date Posted: 14:37:49 2017-10-16
Location: Bozeman, MT, United States
Contact Person: Alicia Singer
Company/Business Name: Strike Farms
Full Time (5 days/week) or Part Time (3 days/week) available
The mission of Strike Farms is to nourish our community by growing the highest quality organic produce, offering educational outreach, normalizing local food, providing meaningful employment, stewarding our natural resources, and conserving agricultural land for new farmers.
A Crew Member is responsible for carrying out all production, harvest, post harvest and sales tasks as directed by the Crew Leader, Wash/Pack Manager, Production Manager and Sales Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Production duties; greenhouse seeding, transplanting, direct seeding, hand weeding, field preparation and cleanup, trellising, pruning, fertilizing, spraying organically approved products, etc.
• Harvest duties; harvest a diverse mix of produce, flowers, and herbs in an efficient and effective manner with an eye for excellent product quality.
• Post Harvest duties; wash and pack all produce for all markets according to specifications
• Sales duties; assist with farmers market and on farm sales events, drive delivery vehicle to Bozeman area accounts.
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 1 years of professional experience in farming or similar field
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in adverse weather conditions
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Drivers License
• Ability to work extended hours when weather/sales volume dictates; during peak season work days can be 12+ hours
• At least one year experience on production farm
• Organic gardening experience
• Ability to drive stick
• For part time schedule, flexibility on hours to allow for covering other shifts when people are sick.
• Weekend availability
Pay: Starting at $10/hr I Openings of different lengths during April-Early November season; most positions are May-September w/ the possibility of extended work into the fall and/or through the winter if available.
Please visit https://www.strikefarms.com/employment to apply.