Date Posted: 16:45:45 2017-09-21
Location: Norwich, Ontario, Canada
Contact Person: Scheurman Farms Ltd.
Company/Business Name: Scheurman Farms Ltd.
Company: Scheurman Farms Ltd.
Business information: we are an organic dairy and cash crop farm. We produce and sell organic goods such as corn, small grains, hay, soya beans, pasture and milk and meat. As well, the farm does custom manure and round bailing. The position requires working with all the types of production of the farm.
Business address: 345207 Quaker Street, Norwich, ON, N0J 1P0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Develop work schedules and establish procedures
• Maintain quality control and production records
• Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
• Supervise and oversee breeding and other livestock-related programs
• Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
• Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers
• Formulate feeding program
• Carry out a pasture rotation
• Recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
• Maintain livestock performance records
• Select livestock for sale
• Negotiate with clients for provision of services
• Provide agricultural livestock services such as artificial insemination, dehorning, and vaccination of livestock, or cleaning, disinfecting pens, barns
• Assist in the development and implementation of farm safety and bio-security procedures
• Maintain organic, CQM (Canadian Quality Milk), and production records
• Provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, cultivating, planting, weed control, harvesting, manure spreading
• Maintain work records and logs
• Perform general farm duties, repairs, maintenance and small building projects
• Hire and train staff
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
• Milk the cows with times off
-Education: Completion of secondary school
-Experience: At least two years of experience as a labourer working with similar production to our farm is required. In the event that candidate does not have at least 2 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required
-Basic knowledge of livestock and dairy production is required
Salary: $15.50 to $17.50 hourly - 50 to 75 hours per week
Benefits: Pension (Canada Pension Plan) is provided
Flexibility in schedule is required. The position requires working an average of 50 hours per week from December to April and an average of 75 hours per week from April to December; a minimum of 30 hours per week is guaranteed in the winter. Shifts are generally from 6:30am to 8:00pm but they can vary during cropping. Our type of production requires a 24 hour / 7 day a week job which is why the position involves working different days of the week and of the weekend on a rotational basis; the time off per week will depend on the workload.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 345207 Quaker Street, Norwich, ON, N0J 1P0
: $15.50 to $17.50 hourly