Date Posted: 04-02-2016
Location: Indiana, OH, KY, TN,
Contact Person: Darrell Cutt
Company/Business Name: Agrium
AGRIUM INC. is a major Retail supplier of agricultural products and services in North America, South America and Australia and a leading global Wholesale producer and marketer of all three major agricultural nutrients and the premier supplier of specialty fertilizers in North America. Agrium is also an industry leader in the creation and distribution of specialty fertilizers including ESN- the only polymer coated controlled release fertilizer for broad acre crops. For more information please go to www.smartnitrogen.com .
Agrium’s strategy is to provide the crop inputs and services needed to feed a growing world. We focus on maximizing shareholder returns by driving continuous improvements to our base businesses, pursuing value-added growth opportunities across the crop input value chain and returning capital to shareholders.
Growth is a top priority for Agrium and it doesn’t just apply to the nutrients we make or the size of our business. We are a recognized leading global manufacturer of crop nutrients and retailer of agricultural inputs – and a great place to work! Honored with The Achievers U.S. 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™award Agrium produces and distributes agricultural nutrients, crop protection products and seed, as well as related industry products. We are a diverse organization comprised of a variety of business units.
Join a company where employees can achieve success and develop to their maximum potential. Join a team that enables our people to thrive. Make the move to join our more than 16,000 employees around the globe and begin growing your career now. Our numerous North American awards solidify Agrium’s leadership in the agricultural marketplace – and as an employer of choice.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, Agricultural Specialties the Marketing Representative will primarily need to create demand and brand awareness of Agrium’s enhanced efficiency fertilizer (ESN) specialty product line through product promotion, demonstrations and trials. The Marketing Rep will need to demonstrate the value of Agrium Wholesale’s specialty product line versus conventional market products. The Marketing Rep will support company sales of Ag Specialty products and services primarily within the defined territory of Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
• Create demand and brand awareness of Agrium’s enhanced efficiency fertilizer (ESN) specialty product line through product promotion, demonstrations and trials.
• Coordinate and present at retail and grower meetings, and conduct on farm product trials.
• Demonstrate the value of Agrium Wholesale’s specialty product line versus conventional market products.
• Support company sales of Ag Specialty products and services within the States of, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
• Establish and maintain relationships with existing customers, Growers, Retailers, Crop Consultants, and Colleges/Universities
• Ability to work as a team with other field based Marketing Reps and Sales Reps.
o Support sales programs within assigned territory/accounts.
• Develop new prospects and interact with customers to increase sales of products in order to meet and exceed sales goals.
• Assure customer satisfaction of products:
o Monitor competitive activity and trends.
o Keep records and prepare reports on sales activities as required.
o Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of product features, benefits and use.
o Maintain continuing education on marketing techniques, products and services.
o Provide training to Agrium employees and customers as needed.
o Initiate trials that support marketing efforts.
o Represent Agrium Wholesale at local and regional meetings and trade shows
o Research and respond to technical inquiries by consulting with internal and industry specialists in order to resolve any potential issues or questions
• Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and experience in Agronomy
• Knowledge of the crops/soil/precipitation in the target territory.
• Knowledge of field operations and application methods
• Highly developed customer service skills with a proven ability to develop strong client relationships.
• Motivated self-starter with results and solution orientation and the ability to sustain a professional growth strategy while working independently.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong drive for achievement and strong influencing skills among multiple stakeholders
• Capable of leading complex initiatives through consensus and influence
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable working with multiple functions and management/personnel levels in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented, team environment.
• Solution-oriented with demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers and team members.
• Strong financial analysis skills
• Possesses ability to juggle and prioritize numerous requests simultaneously
• Passion for finding new and innovative trends in relevant industries
• Ability to travel extensively and work autonomously
Agrium is an employer of choice where our people strive to make a difference and take pride in helping to feed the world. We are committed to providing employees with competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and the markets in which we compete for talent. We pay-for-talent and individual performance, and total compensation is made up of several components that may include Base Salary, Annual Bonus, Long Term Incentives, Annual Vacation and Pension/ 401k and Benefits.
Those interested in this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at www.agrium.com/careers.
We welcome diversity in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.