Date Posted: 9-1-2013
Position Filled !
Location: North York, ON, Canada
for more ads click here
NutriAg offers a wide range of state-of-the-art environmentally responsible agricultural bio-chemicals and specialized plant nutrients (including micro-elements) used for foliar feeding and fertigation. Our products are manufactured in-house and are distributed to worldwide specialty markets.
This Summer Research Assistant position is for current post-secondary students in an agricultural related discipline to gain experience in all aspects of trial research. The successful Summer Research Assistant has the opportunity to assist in all operations related to field and greenhouse trials, including treatment application, field plot management, data collection and harvesting. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented research scientists.
• Assist in coordination of field trials and analysis of results
• Aid in greenhouse trial maintenance
• Assist in a variety of projects and preform duties as and when required
• Agriculture/ Agronomy degree or diploma student
• Good understanding of agronomic practices
• Ability to work extended hours during peak planting and harvesting seasons
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Own transportation is highly desired
• Ability to lift 40 lbs
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to apply for NSERC I-USRA is desirable
Location: Based in Toronto, trials located throughout Ontario.
Start date: May, 2013 (4 month term)
Application Deadline: Feb. 1, 2013