Date Posted: 17-11-2012
Position Filled !
Location: Micro, NC, USA
for more ads click here
Job Title: Slaughterhouse and Processing Manager
Location: Micro, NC
The scope of our operations spans slaughter and deboning, processing and forming to various finished products. As the head of this department, you will be responsible for all activities from animal reception, slaughter process, cut up, aging, storage, chilling, freezing and further process, packaging, and cool chain logistics, staff management, recruitment and training and waste processing.
• Manage and oversee inspection operations of slaughterhouse to ensure a continuous supply of safe and wholesome meat for consumers
• Manage and oversee food production processes.
• Follow-up processes and stages of production with the application of food safety rules, HAACP, SSOP, good housekeeping and ensure that cost is within budget.
• Build strong working relationship with internal and external business customers and executive level management; with a practical, “roll-up your sleeves” style.
• Develop staff to ensure the maximum contribution of each member towards goals and objectives.
• Provide timely and relevant reports as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• A bachelor’s degree (recommended); candidates with degrees in Food Science, Agricultural Economics, and Meat Science, strongly preferred.
• At least 5 years of progressive and relevant experience in meat related field with an understanding of anatomy and familiarity of beef facility operations; candidates with slaughterhouse, protein processing or packing industry experience preferred.
• Quality assurance experience preferably within the beef processing field; with experience in logistics, purchasing and/or sales in the meat industry.
• Must have experience in further processing of meat sausage, bacon, ham, salami etc.
• Strong decision making and good communication skills.
• Good IT skills.
: Based Upon Experience