Agri Jobs - Main Page

Range Land Monitoring Specialist

Date Posted: 2010-2-9
Location: Grandview, ID, USA
Contact Person: Recruiter
Company/Business Name: J.R. Simplot Company

Apply Online

Position Filled ! for more ads click here

The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Range Land Monitoring Specialist position open at our Grandview, ID location.

Responsible for establishing and conducting a rangeland monitoring program on company owned/controlled rangelands. Complete analysis of information collected in order to determine rangeland trend, ecological condition, and carrying capacity. Prepare written summaries of findings suitable for presentation to upper management, federal and state land management agencies and the courts. The findings will be used to determine if grazing management changes are needed in order to enhance rangeland resources or achieve company objectives.

Develop and implement a rangeland monitoring program to determine trend, ecological condition and carrying capacity on federal,state and private rangeland located in Utah, Nevada, Idaho and Oregon. Studies will be conducted on upland and riparian habitat and comport with procedures acceptable to land management agencies.
Prepare written summaries and make oral presentations of findings.
Coordinate monitoring and inventory efforts with land management agencies and review data and analysis prepared by agencies to insure accuracy.

Five plus years related experience and/or training with a minimum of three years of direct experience.
Working knowledge of rangeland/riparian monitoring protocols used by federal and state land management agencies.
Working knowledge of animal behavior and range science.
Working knowledge of plant species commonly found within the Great Basin and Pacific Northwest.

EDUCATION:Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university with emphasis in Range Management, Plant Ecology or Botany.
Salary: n/a


Do you have a work permit in USA ?