Agri Jobs - Main Page

Energy Efficiency Engineer - Food Group Engineering

Date Posted: 2009-12-15
Location: Caldwell, ID, USA
Contact Person: Recruiter
Company/Business Name: J.R. Simplot Company

Apply Online

The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Energy Engineer position open in our Caldwell, Idaho Food Group Engineering Offices.

This position will report directly to the Manager of Energy Purchasing but with limited supervision, this position fosters the adoption of today's advanced technologies and energy management best practices to produce results in reducing industrial energy intensity at multiple company facilities.

This position will:
Identify opportunities to save energy and improve efficiency by conducting cultural, equipment, and process audits. Mentor facility energy teams enabling them to reach their energy intensity goals. Serve as a liaison, and assist in problem resolution in alignment with Corporate goals. Energy project management to include but not limited to cost-benefit analysis, scope and bid development, contract negotiation, contractor management, and project performance verification. Improve employee awareness of energy reduction efforts and engage them in a myriad of training opportunities for both home and work. This includes setting up DOE best practices training, and working with utilities to bring in training. Prepare quarterly reports and present detailed briefings to leadership on progress, roadblocks, and a plan to continue towards achieving success.

Skills/Experience Requirements:
BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering preferred. Possesses basic understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of engineering field of specialization. Project management experience.

Please apply online

Salary: PG 42 -45 US Dollar (USD)


Do you have a work permit in USA ?