Date Posted: 15:16:20 2022-07-18
Location: Duagh, Alberta, Canada
Contact Person: GSL Land Co. Ltd.
Company/Business Name: GSL Land Co. Ltd.
Company: GSL Land Co. Ltd.
Business Information: GSL Land Co. is a wholesale nursery dedicated to produce sod, shrubs, and trees for retail and personal use. The sod, shrubs, and trees our farm produces will then be used in landscaping activities, including residential landscaping, fencing, decking, irrigation, commercial landscaping, and general maintenance.
Business Address: 54306 RR 261, Sturgeon County. Duagh, AB, T8T 0X4
Work Location: Same as above.
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Assist in pruning trees, shrubs, and plants
• Plant bulbs, seeds, flowers, shrubs and trees
• Transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings
• Dig up wrapping rootballs of trees and shrubs
• Mix and prepare soils
• Apply fertilizers
• Assist in grafting activities
• Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
• Install sod, trees, and shrubs
• Assist with landscape constructions
• Remove litter and garbage
• Lay sod or seed
• Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
• Cart and spread top soil and other materials
• Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment including skid steers and tractors
• Write daily basic progress reports.
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Experience is an asset
- On-the-job training will be provided.
- Driver’s license is an asset (workers may drive from one work location to another)
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Sitting, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Manual dexterity.
- Personal suitability: Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Judgement, Team player, Initiative, Accurate.
- Work site environment: Outdoors, Noisy, Dusty, Hot.
- Language: English is required.
Salary: $19.00 - $21.00 hourly, 40 to 61 hours per week
Benefits: Transportation from one work location to another is provided, staff accommodation provided at a discounted rate
Important Information: The employee will work 5 days per week from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm and on Saturdays from 7:00 am-3:30 pm. Flexibility on schedule is required as some days will start earlier and others finish later depending on the business needs and weather. The candidates will have 30 minutes of paid lunchtime and 2 paid healthy breaks of 15 minutes each, **We guarantee a minimum of 40 hours of work per week during the winter**
Apply by e-mail to: Landon@gsl-construction.com
Apply by mail to: 54306 RR 261, Sturgeon County. Duagh, AB, T8T 0X4
: $19.00 - $21.00 hourly, 40 to 61 hours per week