Date Posted: 09:35:22 2021-12-17
Location: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Contact Person: Hendrix Genetics Ltd. o/a Hybrid Turkeys
Company/Business Name: Hendrix Genetics Ltd. o/a Hybrid Turkeys
Company: Hendrix Genetics Ltd. o/a Hybrid Turkeys
Business Information: Hybrid Turkeys is a leading primary breeder and distributor of turkey genetics. We supply high quality, high health parent stock and commercial stock products to customers around the world.
Business Address: 650 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener, ON N2K 3S2
Work Location: Various locations across the Kitchener – Waterloo - Barrie region, including the following:
2823 West Alps Road, Ayr ON, N0B 1E0
2915 West Alps road, Ayr ON, N0B 1E0
6214 6th Line East RR#2, Ariss, ON N0B 2V0
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Feed and tend turkeys. Automated feed and water, ensuring there are no feed spills/overflows of water
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment. Minimal operation of machinery but trained personnel could operate golf cart, turkey loader from time to time
• Clean, sanitize and disinfect barns, equipment and machinery
• Detect disease and health problems in poultry. Perform basic health monitoring of flock’s health and well-being.
• Write daily basic progress reports. Record egg and bird numbers
• Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns and turkeys coops
• Collect, sanitize and grade turkey hatching eggs
• Catch and remove turkeys out of the predetermined assigned barns
• Load turkeys in the transport trucks when required
• Handle birds for the purpose of farm selection and sampling processes (vaccinations)
• Complete various farm selection and sampling processes
• Follow all implemented biosecurity and animal welfare practices and procedures designed to reduce and minimize health risks to the turkey flocks and to ensure their well-being
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
- Must be able to complete heavy lifting as required.
- Must be able to work within a very dirty and very dusty environment while inside the bird barns.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Large workload, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching and kneeling, Standing for extended periods of time, Handling heavy loads
-Personal suitability: Team player, Organized, Flexibility
-Work site environment: Noisy, Outdoors, Dusty, Odours.
-Weight Handling: Up to 23kg (50 lbs.)
-Language: Basic level of English is required.
Salary: $16.64 hourly, 42.5 to 60 hours per week
Benefits: Company uniform and footwear costs, extra pay for loading out birds, transportation from one site to another provided, staff accommodation provided at a discounted rate, and transportation costs paid by the employer if workers need to relocate.
Important Information: This position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling.
Shifts: 5:30am to 2:30pm, 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, 6:30 am to 3:30 pm, 6:00 am to 4:30 pm, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, and 7:30 am to 4:30pm. Selected candidates will work 6 days a week. Weekend work is required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by fax to: 519-578-1870
Apply by mail to: 650 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener, ON N2K 3S2