Date Posted: 13:34:49 2021-12-15
Location: Elmvale , ON, Canada
Contact Person: D.M.D. Farm Drainage Inc.
Company/Business Name: D.M.D. Farm Drainage Inc.
Company: D.M.D. Farm Drainage Inc.
Business Information: Since 2011 we have been providing farm drainage and excavation services in all Ontario
Business location: 1576 Flos Rd. 11 E., Elmvale ON L0L 1P0
Location of work: Various locations within Kitchener-Waterloo-Barrie Region and Northern Ontario
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas
• Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities
• Assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during drainage system construction
• Level earth to find grade specifications using rake and shovel
• Tend or feed machines or equipment used in the work location
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
• Oil and grease hoists and similar equipment
• Assist in excavating, setting up and operating excavation machinery
• Manually measure, cut and connect tile runs to tile mains
• Operate a farm tractor or backhoe to relocate pipe or load pipe on the drainage plow
• Operate a backhoe to dig or backfill holes
• Clean, lubricate, and refuel equipment
• Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
• May Perform minor repairs on equipment, when required (Ex. replace filters, replace hydraulic hoses, change oil)
• May survey farm fields using GPS equipment, farm tractor and/or all-terrain vehicles
• Drive to and from work locations
- Education: No education required
- Experience: At least 6 months of experience as a general construction labourer is required.
- General knowledge of maintenance and construction practices as well as construction equipment and vehicles is an asset.
- Ability to operate and understand GPS equipment is an asset
- Welding and Mechanical knowledge is a strong asset
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Tight deadlines; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Large workload; Overtime required; Handling Heavy Loads (up to 23kg – 50lbs) Walk across rough terrain the majority of the day, Ability to climb in and out of holes in farm fields
- Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills; Team Player; Flexibility; Reliability; Organized; Willing to relocate
- Language: Intermediate English is required
- Valid driver’s license (G or G2) is required
Salary: $22.00 - $24.00 Hourly, 30-48 Hours per week.
Benefits: Room and board are provided when working in Northern ON. If the candidate is willing to relocate, the employer cover the transportation costs. Vehicle provided by the employer for work usage only.
Important information: Flexibility in schedule is required. The candidate will work from 8 to 12 hours per day from Monday to Friday, workday usually starts at 6:30am and ends at 2:00 – 6:30pm depending on the job locations. Holidays and weekend work may be required based on the business needs. The candidate is guaranteed to work at least 30 hours per week during winter time.
From June to November job sites are located in Northern Ontario. The candidate must be willing to relocate periodically during this period.
Work site environment: Dusty, Outdoors, Odours, Hot, Rainy, Noisy, Cold
Apply by e-mail : Click here
Apply by mail to: 1576 Flos Rd. 11 E., Elmvale ON L0L 1P0