Date Posted: 08:03:22 2021-03-04
Location: Agassiz, BC, Canada
Contact Person: Martin Krol, Jackelyn Krol O/A Mystery Meadows Far
Company/Business Name: Martin Krol, Jackelyn Krol O/A Mystery Meadows Far
Company: Martin Krol, Jackelyn Krol O/A Mystery Meadows Farm
Business information: We are a family run goat dairy in the lovely town of Agassiz, BC Canada. We started in April 2016, catering to BC Local cheese and yogurt makers. Our principal activity is the production of goat milk, however, we also raise sheep and goat for meat and harvest vegetables and hay.
Business address: 5844 McCallum Rd. Agassiz, BC, V0M 1A3
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Monitoring animal health
• Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops (vegetables and hay)
• Harvest crops (vegetables and hay)
• Feed and tend animals
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
• Milk goats
• Clean pens
• Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock
• Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
• Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in pens
• Bottle feed kids, nursing bucket
• Replace minerals and salt blocks
• Put in sawdust/straw
• Assist with catching sheep and goats
• Assist with shearing occasionally
• Assist with hoof trimming
• Assist during lambing and kidding seasons
• Assist during haying season
• Drive a small tractor
Education: no formal education required.
Experience: experience is an asset.
- Experience milking goats is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of food safety and Good Manufacturing Practices is an asset.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Manual dexterity.
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Wet/damp, Noisy, Odours, Dusty.
Personal Suitability: Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Judgement, Team player, Initiative, Accurate.
-Work Location Information: Rural Area, Remote location.
-Type of Farm Operations: Goat and sheep farm.
-Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Salary: $16.50 to $18.50 hourly, 30-40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Gratuities (vegetables and eggs), Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation provided at a cost.
Important Information: Flexibility in schedule is required. The employee will be working in two regular shifts, the milking shift is from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and the feeding shift from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. One hour in the afternoon to clean pens, garden, operate machinery and additional duties is required. This position will require to work 5 days a week, however, during the summer when the workload increases, overtime and weekend work may be required, especially for lambing, kidding, harvesting and haying.
Apply by e-mail OR
Apply by mail to: 5844 McCallum Rd. Agassiz, BC, V0M 1A3