Date Posted: 13:05:52 2020-07-09
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Contact Person: Conation Farms Ltd.
Company/Business Name: Conation Farms Ltd.
Company: Conation Farms Ltd.
Business information: We are dedicated to raise poultry to produce table eggs for the BC market
Business Address: 1292 Clearbrook Rd., Abbotsford, BC, V2T 5X3
Work Location: Three different farms: 1292, 1219 and 1224 Clearbrook Rd., Abbotsford, BC, V2T 5X3
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Monitoring animal health
• Feed and tend animals
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment. Responsible for general maintenance of equipment, including greasing and lubing packers and fans
• Clean barns and pens
• Detect disease and health problems in poultry
• Examine produce for quality and prepare for market. Assist with the monitoring egg size, quality, and production lay rates
• Write daily basic progress reports. Record stats and daily egg production records
• Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, and chicken coops
• Gather the eggs
• Respond to emergency calls
• Solve problems or issues that may arise with the birds and eggs
• Maintain periodically the chicken facilities. Responsible for the general cleanliness of the farm (inside and out) driveways, windows and hallways
• Monitoring and replenishing inventory levels and notifying management of any issues
• Ensure quality product is produced by removing all rejects as required
• Provide updates to management of concerns/issues/events as required
• Follow all implemented biosecurity and animal welfare practices and procedures
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided
- Must be able to work in a dirty and very dusty environment while inside the chicken barns and manure storage
- Must be able to work in an environment of very unpleasant odors produced from chicken excrements within the manure storage and the surrounding areas of the farms
- Must not have any type of allergies to the materials used within and around the bird barns/pens/farms; e.g. Hay and woodchip products used on the barns/pens floor for bedding, chicken feathers, and chicken feces / acidic odors.
- Must be able to work under varying temperatures in the bird barns/pens and pasture area
- Required to work in closed areas with the confines of the farms bird barns/pens
Personal Suitability: Organized, team player
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching and kneeling
Work site environment: outdoors, confined spaces, noisy, odors, dusty
Salary: $14.60 - $16.60 per hour, 40 hours per week
Benefits: We will provide appropriate personal safety equipment for the job. Accommodation provided at a discounted rate and travel expenses covered if the worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: Flexibility is required. Work schedule is 5 days per week that could include weekends or holidays with 2 days off on a rotational basis. Shift is usually from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM but it may vary depending on our business’ needs. On call work might be needed.
Apply by e-mail OR
Apply by mail: 1292 Clearbrook Rd., Abbotsford, BC, V2T 5X3