Company: Greenholm Farms Ltd.
Founded in 1843, Greenholm Farms Limited is a small organization in the dairy farms industry located in Embro, Canada.
We have 240 milking cows and 50 beef cattle.
Business Location: 356508 35th line RR1 Embro, ON N0J 1J0
Work location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Develop work schedules and establish procedures
• Maintain quality control and production records
• Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
• Supervise and oversee breeding and other livestock-related programs,
• Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
• Monitoring animal health
• Maintain work records and logs,
• Perform general farm duties,
• Hire and train staff,
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Education- no education is required
- At least one year of experience as a labourer working with cattle
- To prevent accidents at work and damage of the farm’s equipment experience or training operating the following farm equipment is required: Tillage equipment, Planting equipment, Manure spreader, Loader, Tractor, Lift truck, Haying equipment, Forage equipment, Farm truck, Fertilizer applicator and Combine harvester
- Mechanical skills are an asset
- Be self-motivated, an independent thinker and an excellent problem solver
- Class 1 driver’s license
- Speak and write in English.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends and overtime.
- Ability to supervise 5-10 people
Salary: $18.50 to $19.00 hourly, 40-60 Hours per week. Flexibility in scheduling and weekend hours are required.
Access to meat and food options
Access to transportation vehicles