|Date posted: 14:50:32 2017-10-16|
|Location: Bozeman, MT, United States|
|Contact Person: Alicia Singer|
Company/Business Name: Strike Farms|
Send Your CV
| PRODUCTION MANAGER|
The mission of Strike Farms is to nourish our community by growing the highest quality organic produce, offering educational outreach, normalizing local food, providing meaningful employment, stewarding our natural resources, and conserving agricultural land for new farmers.
The Production Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining crop production on the farm.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Create production plan each season based on marketing needs outlined on the Marketing Chart
• Implement production plan and keep production on schedule, proactively mitigating pest, disease,
weed, and weather issues
• Production responsibilities include, but are not limited to: scouting for pests and disease, irrigation
installation and application, fertility monitoring and application, data collection, field preparation, seeding, transplanting, and cultivation. Other required general farm tasks include hand weeding, harvesting, wash and pack, equipment operation, data management, and record keeping.
• Maintain all crop production records.
• Work closely with Sales Manager and Harvest Manager on crop availability in field.
• Create supply list for season and work with Office Manager to make sure ordered on time in line w/
• Track and maintain inventory of all production supplies.
• Help set SOP to be added to crop manual, including taking photos video of relevant production
• Always be finding ways to increase production efficiency.
• During the winter, more time will be spent on wash/pack operations.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years prior experience managing production on a 15+ acre vegetable farm (organic
• Experience operating diverse range of tractors and implements
• Experience managing staff
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects
• Understanding that tasks that are weather/soil moisture dependent must be done to keep production on schedule and will often require additional hours beyond a standard work week
• Computer efficiency in basic programs (email, excel, word, etc.)
• Must be flexible and able to prioritize an evolving task list
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and work outside in all weather conditions
• Experience using Basecamp
To apply, please visit https://www.strikefarms.com/employment
|Salary:Depends on Experience|