Pack & Wash Assistant
|Date posted: 14:49:07 2017-10-16|
|Location: Bozeman, MT, United States|
|Contact Person: Alicia Singer|
Company/Business Name: Strike Farms|
Send Your CV
| PRODUCTION ASSISTANT|
Full-time, seasonal w/ year round work available
The mission of Strike Farms is to nourish our community by growing the highest quality organic produce, offering educational outreach, normalizing local food, providing meaningful employment, stewarding our natural resources, and conserving agricultural land for new farmers.
The Production Assistant is responsible for managing the farm crew and assisting the Production Manager with planning, implementing, and maintaining crop production. This position will be responsible for a large amount of all tractor tillage, seeding, cultivation, spraying and irrigation management.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage a team of 1-13 crew members when needed for a production task including scheduling, assigning tasks, and identifying bottlenecks to address to increase production efficiency.
• Assist the Production Manager to create the production plan and keep production on schedule, proactively mitigating pest, disease, weed, and weather issues.
• Production responsibilities include, but are not limited to: scouting for pests and disease, irrigation installation and application, fertility monitoring and application, data collection, field preparation, seeding, transplanting, and cultivation. Other required general farm tasks include hand weeding, harvesting, wash and pack, tractor and other equipment operation, data management, and record keeping.
• Maintain all crop production records.
• Work with the Production Manager to outline all production/cultivation tasks that the crew should
complete each week
• During the winter, more time will be spent on wash/pack operations.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years prior experience in crop production; especially equipment operation
• Minimum of two years prior experience working on a vegetable farm (organic highly preferred)
• Experience operating diverse range of tractors and implements
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
• Understanding that tasks that are weather/soil moisture dependent must be done to keep production
on schedule and will often require additional hours beyond a standard work week
• Computer efficiency in basic programs (email, excel, word, etc.)
• Must be flexible and able to prioritize an evolving task list
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and work outside in all weather conditions
• Experience using Basecamp
To apply, please visit https://www.strikefarms.com/employment
|Salary:Depends on Experience|