Pack & Wash Assistant
|Date posted: 14:47:42 2017-10-16|
|Location: Bozeman, MT, United States|
|Contact Person: Alicia Singer|
Company/Business Name: Strike Farms|
Send Your CV
| PACK & WASH MANAGER|
The mission of Strike Farms is to nourish our community by growing the highest quality organic produce, offering educational outreach, normalizing local food, providing meaningful employment, stewarding our natural resources, and conserving agricultural land for new farmers.
The Pack and Wash Manager is responsible for leading crewmembers to wash and package all produce and flowers coming in from the field. They keep detailed records and maintain efficient organization systems to ensure food safety and efficiency.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Supervise and direct 1-13 crewmembers in washing and packing a diverse mix of crops for wholesale, CSA, and farmers markets.
• Print and label all packages needed for orders.
• Manage and organize inventory in cooler.
• Keep current and detailed records for food safety.
• Maintain fast pace and workflow to avoid bottlenecks.
• Work closely with the Sales Manager and Harvest Manager to accommodate any necessary changes
• Ensure daily clean-up of space and maintenance of all equipment.
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years of professional experience
• Very detail-oriented
• Strong management and communication skills
• Excellent leadership skills to direct a crew of 1-8 people
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Experience using Basecamp
• Organic gardening experience
• Experience using pallet jack and forklift
Pay: DOE I Notes: Potential for year-round
To apply, please visit https://www.strikefarms.com/employment
|Salary:Depends on Experience|