|Date posted: 14:43:56 2017-10-16|
|Location: Bozeman, MT, United States|
|Contact Person: Alicia Singer|
Company/Business Name: Strike Farms|
Send Your CV
| MAINTENANCE MANAGER|
Part Time: 5-10 hrs/week, up to full-time seasonally
The mission of Strike Farms is to nourish our community by growing the highest quality organic produce, offering educational outreach, providing meaningful employment, stewarding our natural resources, and conserving agricultural land for new farmers.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring the proper use and upkeep of all farm equipment and facilities, as well as training employees on the use of equipment. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for tractor operation.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Perform routine equipment and facilities maintenance.
• Set up a regular maintenance schedule.
• Train staff on simple maintenance tasks and delegate accordingly.
• Train all equipment operators on proper use of equipment.
• Fix any broken equipment or infrastructure promptly to maintain flow of operations.
• Lead or coordinate with subcontractors to build any new infrastructure needed.
• Communicate with farm owner regularly regarding equipment needs, repairs, work plan, etc.
• Submit cost estimates and maintain records on all maintenance and purchase expenses.
• Perform tractor operations on all farm properties.
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Experience working with farm equipment, including tractors
• Minimum of three years of professional experience
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects
• Willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
• Flexibility on timing when things break in order to keep on production schedule
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Experience using Basecamp
• Formal Diesel Mechanic training; certificate or diploma
• Experience managing staff
• Organic gardening experience
Pay: DOE I Position start date: ASAP, year-round position
Note: Can be combined with other farm work to get more hours. Over time this position will develop into more full-time mechanic/maintenance work.
To apply, please visit https://www.strikefarms.com/employment
|Salary:Depends on Experience|