|Date posted: 14:39:31 2017-10-16|
|Location: Bozeman, MT, United States|
|Contact Person: Alicia Singer|
Company/Business Name: Strike Farms|
Send Your CV
|The mission of Strike Farms is to nourish our community by growing the highest quality organic produce, offering educational outreach, normalizing local food, providing meaningful employment, stewarding our natural resources, and conserving agricultural land for new farmers.|
The Greenhouse Manager is responsible for all transplant and in ground production in the greenhouses/hoop houses, while maintaining high standards of quality and striving towards maximum efficiency. Most of this work will be done alone; with help from crew on big projects.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Work with the Production Manager to create production plan for transplants, potted plants and in ground house production each season based on marketing needs outlined in the Marketing Chart.
• Implement and maintain greenhouse/hoophouse plan throughout year; doing the bulk of seeding, planting and crop maintenance alone
• Pest, disease, and fertility management
• Establish and maintain SOPs for when crew members are doing greenhouse/hoophouse tasks
• Ensure crops in the greenhouse meet quality standards.
• Communicate with other managers regarding crop quality and availability.
• Maintain detailed crop production and harvest records.
• Establish harvest order and schedule, including coordinating movement of food to packshed.
• Report on any cultivation and crop health issues to Production Manager.
• Track and maintain inventory of all greenhouse supplies.
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years prior experience working on a vegetable farm (organic highly preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
• Demonstrated greenhouse management skills; especially in relation to organic pest, disease and
• Excellent observation, organization, and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects
• Computer efficiency in basic programs (email, excel, word, etc.)
• Must be flexible and able to prioritize an evolving task list
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Experience using Basecamp program
• Ability to operate machinery and drive stick
|Salary:Depends on Experience|